Have a question? Please send it in.
Why should you use this site?
- Each morning prior to the open the current market structure and context is analyzed, key support and resistance zones are plotted, volatility analysis is conducted, and a trade plan is formulated. In addition, each day after the close review of the past session’s opportuntiies are highlighted based on the trade plan posted. Also, each day is tagged with important key terms for indexing and future reference.
Who is the Context Report for?
- New and experienced traders looking to trade in context rather than not to improve their edge.
- New traders looking to learn how to read the market’s context and determine scenarios for each day.
How should I use the Context Report to improve my trading?
- You can incorporate the Context Report into your current trading by filtering in/out signals that your current method prodcues within the context and scenarios outlined.
- You can use the report as an educational reference to learn how to read the context of the ES. I encourage you to prepare your own contextual analysis and refer to mine as another pair of eyes.
- You can simply just use the zones or volatility analysis and forget about the rest of the report if you prefer.
What is your method?
- Simply put, I use price action and market structure. I read intraday price action in the context of the bigger picture. Price action is key, but to get a sense of the underlying sentiment in the broad market, I use market internals and intermarket analysis. Let me stress that price action is key. My edge is my read of intraday action in context and my patience to take probable opportunities that offer good risk:reward.
What is the “Bias / Directional Inclination / Control” section?
- The bias is not predictive, but a read on the current directional inclination of each timeframe that is most relevant at the time for day trading.
What are the scenarios in the Context Report?
- The scenarios are what I expect to happen if certain conditions are met. Upside and downside scenarios are accounted for in the report.
What is initial support and initial resistance?
- The most immediate KEY support/resistance to keep an eye on in the context/scenarios outlined.
Why is there an internals chart in the daily review post?
- The E-Mini S&P 500 futures are affected by the broad market sentiment. The metrics captured in the internals chart are what I use intraday to gauge the underlying sentiment.
What days will the report NOT be generated?
What time zone is used throughout this site?
What is the meaning of the name “ContextTurtle”?
- “Context” is of course due to the context focus of the Context Report.
- “Turtle” is from the first book I ever read on trading: Way of the Turtle by Curtis Faith.
What platform do you recommend?
- Sierra charts. Sierra charts provides its own real-time data feed as well as its own historical data feed. It’s also easy to use, has great documentation, highly customizable, and is very reliable. For all of that, you only pay around $65 a month, which is a discount of over $100 a month in comparison to its competitors.
How do you determine the minimum stop size in the report?
- It is based on volatility and average swing size and is a rough estimate of what I am seeing working in the current market conditions.
How are membership payments handled?
- I use the Stripe payment gateway. It is 100% secure and trusted.